Thursday, October 01, 2009

turning a corner...


damn. when it comes to knowing how to handle my camera, i'm still a big time amateur.

however, something has changed.

i had this friend and he was utterly steeped in what he did for a living. i mean this guy was more than an eat, drink, sleep type. he loved it and lived it to distraction. you'd have thought that as a girlfriend, i'd have been freaking out about how much time he dedicated to his beloved computer.

nope. not me. i admired it. i encouraged it. i was crazy jealous. i wanted to feel that passion and not on coat tails.

i got home tonight from the rehearsal and the first thing i did was download my images. there was a lot that i was unhappy with and i had more information about how i'm shooting saturday. so, i promptly went on the net researching what sort of lens i really need. i hunted for tips and suggestions. a couple hours slipped away...

i still haven't taken off my jacket.

i'm green. i don't know nearly as much as i wish i did--but i'm no longer wishing i'd a passion like my computer geek ex. i've found my passion.

i've found my passion.

it's not for someone else, about someone else, because of or reliant on someone else. it's mine.

and it feels spectacular.

No comments: