Friday, October 16, 2009

people of charlottetown...


people of charlottetown, originally uploaded by MisfitHue.


on my way off the island, i stopped in charlottetown for a stroll. my intention was to be on the road by noon, but i got lost in a chat with my hostess at the b and b... we had a lot of laughs and a wonderful time. if you are looking for lovely little bnb for a very good price, Joan, runs the Coastal Homestead and i highly recommend it!

i stopped for my only souvenirs of this trip... a couple pei shirts and some scarves that stopped me in my tracks. i took a lot of shots of the people on the streets before i had lunch at cora's and treated myself to some mooey gooey at cow's creamery... OH yummy!

then, i set to driving. one thing i like about kilometers is that they sure click by a lot faster than miles!

i listened to CBC and french stations all afternoon. i don't remember enough french to really do more than get the gist of the conversation, after a long listen that is. but it sounded so beautiful, like music, i found it very comforting.

i missed pei before i was off the confederate bridge and i miss canada something fierce right now.

i knew it was important for me to go there, and now, i know why.

(click the photo for more pics!)


No comments: