Wednesday, September 30, 2009

one more step...

yesterday, i found myself daydreaming about my trip. i can hardly wait. i've been working so hard and have been so freaked out with this wedding coming up that i've barely made anymore plans.

until last saturday, all i had was my plane ticket booked. now, i have a car. i've decided to save myself some money and drive to halifax from portland. i'll split it up and do it with an overnight. i really wanted to take the cat, but this turned out cheaper and the photography investment is taking a toll.

today, i booked a room in halifax. i'm going to try airbnb. this service is like couch surfing, but a little different. if a person has an extra room or bed, they can rent it. i like this better than couch surfing because i pay for my bed and that stress of "how do i compensate" is eliminated. couch surfing doesn't require anything, but my upbringing doesn't allow one to sleep on a stranger's couch without at least saying thank you and taking them to breakfast.

so, i emailed this incredibly cool woman... who seems to be like a canadian version of me--only vegetarian. :) i'm actually really excited to meet her.

i'm thinking of spending a night in Charlottetown, PEI. i've started looking at places on the island... since there aren't any airbnb's, i'll probably do a bnb. that's really more my style anyway. i like an intimate setting where i can get to know someone local. that's 50% of why i'm going after all.

i've decided to spend more time in canada than i initially planned, and it really feels like the right decision. i've decided to go with my intuition in planning this trip... sort of a "where does my soul want to go."

it may seem sort of goofy, but i feel like i'm planning a trip home.

No comments: