Wednesday, September 16, 2009

changing my life...

this morning i met the doctor who will perform my endometrial ablation. he appears to be a very compassionate and generous man.

it was a somewhat somber meeting. once he found out why i was there, it all became quite serious. i suppose that i've been thinking about this so long that i'm past discussing it. in fact, as soon as he reminded me that this would end any possibility of my ever having children, i wanted to yell, "FOR FUCKS SAKE, JUST DO IT!"

but instead, i took a breath and explained to him that i'd done some research and had been thinking about this for a few months. "I know what I'm giving up."

after a few more details and a near hug, i was off to scheduling. on october 30, in the course of 45 minutes, i'll make a profound change in my life.

they tell me this is for the best. they tell me this could keep me from having a full out hysterectomy.

i know that in the grand scheme of things, my problems could be much worse. i know that i'm a very lucky woman, and i have faith that i've made the right decision.

No comments: