Wednesday, August 05, 2009

We like the same things and I like your style...

a bit ago i went to see 500 days of summer, a truly fine fick with zooey deschanel from she and him. i've also posted to my blog a couple of times, my favorite she and him song why do you let me stay here?

a friend forwarded this link! holy moley! they made a video for the movie with my tune!! deeeelightful.

i walk around daily humming this silly little tune and have sort of adopted as my song. not sure what that says given the lyrics. the lyrics and the melody, they are so light and i dig the attitude. it's sorta like, hey this works so let's just have some fun. i guess this is an ideal, the way i think things oughta be. :)

btw.... why don't you come and play here?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-08-04-zooey-joe-music-video_N.htm

Why do you let me stay here
All by myself?

Why don't you come and play here?
I'm just sitting on the shelf

Why don't you sit right down and stay a while?
We like the same things and I like your style

It's not a secret
Why do you keep it?
I'm just sitting on the shelf

I've gotta get your presents
Let's make it known
I think you're just so pleasant
I would like you for my own

Why don't you sit right down and make me smile?
You make me feel like I am just a child

Why do you end it?
Just give me credit
I'm just sitting on the shelf

No comments: