Saturday, August 29, 2009

alice is coming home...



life is just a series of seasons. today, i noticed the orange hue in the leaves.

things in my world have been a little me-centric lately. i didn't really notice until i started to crack apart the wall i'd built around myself this summer.

i'd rather not be that way, but i think for a while, it was okay. i had some healing to do. i needed to pick up all my pieces and remember who i was before i tumbled down the rabbit hole. more importantly, i needed to learn who i was coming out.

but, i no longer need that... it's okay that Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. that is the way it was supposed to be.

today, i thought of you. i thought for a long time and i tried putting on your shoes. they were too big and i made a great racket clomping around. but, i felt the uneven heal and worn toe of your habit.

how are you? won't you sit with me and have a cup of tea?

No comments: