Tuesday, August 11, 2009

roadkill in a white dress...

"oh yes, the tech was right. there's a cyst there. but, it's on the other side now. Kym, you're just cystic."

deer in the headlights.

"i'm not worried about it since they are functioning. we'll just continue to keep an eye on you."

deer in the headlights.

"we don't have to do anything about them."

SUV swerves and misses deer.

the end result? i get to decide whether or not to have the 10 minute outpatient procedure that will make my life a lot easier, predictable and more comfortable. of course, it will end any and all possibility of having children. back to that, AGAIN.

so, there's the question. hanging next to me like 10 point buck at a debutante ball.

i opened my mouth to say, "let's schedule it." instead, i hung my head and cried.

it was much easier when my body was having an attitude and making the decision for me. it is possible that i don't like driving this bus and prefer being the roadkill.

eventually, i gathered myself and said, "okay, i'll see you in 2 months."

No comments: