Wednesday, August 26, 2009

more randomness...

discovered a fantastic photographer yesterday... Lou Lesko. i dig his work, but even more, his opinions on piracy and the internet intrigue me. apparently, he is rather controversial in the photography community because of this. i, however, think he is right. "the currency of the internet is the link through." and perhaps, as photographers who put our stuff on the internet, it is that thought which we should keep forefront and not great fears about someone stealing our stuff. if we put it on the net, as Lesko said, we lose control of it. but, not put it on the net? don't be archaic. if you want work, you'll get it out there. at least, that's the way i feel.

my computer has been whisked off to the land of the apple techs and i'm fit-to-be-tied about it. apparently, laptops from my era circa 2007 are prone to video cards fritzing out. that i can deal with, but what really yanks my chain is that it must be fedexed to the land of oz, and there is a very good likelihood that the techs will not only change the card, but also clear the whole BRAND NEW hard drive. there are photos on there that i hadn't backed up yet. thus the racing heart and red neck.

why? i asked.
in case they decide to check everything on the computer, said the genius who sounded an awful lot like a cali surfer that was half-baked at the end of a long weekend.
can we ask them not to? i cocked my head in that "aren't you cute? like a chicken who's neck i'm going to snap" way that i have about me. :)
no... we're remodeling the store. said surfer genius.

sometimes i give up to easily and say whatever. like on my birthday when the cop in his new spiffy american muscle car gave me a speeding ticket. this was just like that. WHATEVER.

tomorrow, i will check my status on line and call the support folks. i will see if there is anyway to save my hard drive from the vixens of cleaning.

in the meantime, i'm going to be camping out at work. i'm traveling everywhere with my external hard drive and eyeballing every computer without a body attached to within a 30 mile radius, so watch out. i'm going through some intense and violent withdrawals.

No comments: