Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tales from the Sahara and me...


Lynn, originally uploaded by MisfitHue.

i went to a very good friend's studio recital/show a couple of few weeks ago. i took upwards of 1300 pictures and learned more valuable lessons.

first of all, just because you can get an ISO of 3200 does not mean that you should shoot at that high.

secondly, if you shoot in raw, you get better shots.

and lastly, it is possible i'm over doing it.

i'm horribly disappointed in the quality of my shots. i'm exhausted from the sheer volume and amount of effort it took to edit and SAVE shots.

am i any closer to "getting" it? i don't know. i just don't know. i have some great action in here, but when you take 1300 shots, you're bound to.

i need to change a few things. first of all, i need to get outside. move around. i've form-fitted to my chair and every limb is numb.

i wish i had something better for these girls. they worked their tails off and did a beautiful job of dancing.

1 comment:

PEICycler said...

Wow, 1,300 shots. If I take that many in a year I think I am taking a lot. I probably would never get them all edited.
And as I am a tea drinker I would sit and have a cup with you.