Wednesday, July 22, 2009

photography class


IMG_7120, originally uploaded by MisfitHue.

this was week two of my six week photography class. it's an intermediate level, and i'm so thrilled with it, i could just shout from the rooftops. i'll start by telling you. :)

the teacher is a woman with a lot of character and a broad reaching history. she's not a bubbly sort by any means, but i think she has a kind heart. you should the way her eyes light up when she talks about aperture! her enthusiasm is infectious.

i've made some quick friends in the class and am pleased to be among so many talented people who challenge me, but aren't so far beyond me that i feel insecure.

in just two classes, i've been able to grasp some key concepts that i've been struggling with for months. that alone makes the class worth every single cent.

and that leads me to this photo. if you click on it, it will take you to my flickr where you can see the rest of this set of pics. i went to laumeier sculpture park, a local favourite with photographers.

my assignment was to experiment with composition. i had so much fun rolling around in the grass and climbing around to get shots from different angles. it really helped me bond with my camera... which has been a real struggle.

i'm giddy with enthusiasm!

No comments: