Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the year of kym

goodbye 2008!

what a crazy year it's been. the greatest lessons that i learned this year were that it's okay to say no and being myself, in full view and honestly, is always the best choice.

the first half of this year was incredibly painful to the heart, no doubt. i had to deal with health issues--something new and terrifying. not just my health issues, there were other family health crisis, and i said goodbye to my grandmother. i also ended a relationship, and for the pain, i am sorry.

but, like a phoenix rising from the ashes, i found strength and rose to spread my wings. (how's that for a grand visual!) i became comfortable in my own skin, embraced being on my own and found a confidence that i'd never known. as the year progressed, i learned to listen to that voice that i'd hushed for so many years and began to heal.

when i faced january 1, 2008, i committed to go on a mission to do what i wanted--just to see what would happen. i explored my photography and my dancing--making huge strides in both. i traveled on my own and took risks that brought me some of the best memories of the year. one of those risks threw a penalty flag at my feet and has had my undivided attention ever since.

so, by my estimation, the year of kym has been a success. the universe threw me some challenges, but the more i trusted my instincts and believed in myself, i was shown opportunities i never expected.

next year, i'm going to focus on giving and dropping some of the cynicism that crept up when i wasn't paying attention by returning to my practice and yoga. i'm looking forward to 2009... may it be all that you desire, too!

No comments: