Sunday, December 14, 2008

inpiration in six notes of a memory...

There is no knowing what it will be. I never see it coming, and I don’t know it has happened until the memory washes over me.

It’s that time… that moment… when something is said, sung, implied, yelled… it’s the smell of apple pie in the oven, the roar of the first 6 notes of your song, a favorite painting in that special room at the art museum.

It wraps me in a gust of familiar and reminds me that my destiny is my own. It carries me at 120 down the freeway… waking my dreams and stirring my imagination.

I’ve arrived at the edge of the canyon… where I can see the lights of the world. Where anything is possible.

At its core it is love… It happened that time that you slipped in and touched my soul.

Looking over my shoulder, I hear it calling from all that came before.

Where do we go now?

No comments: