Sunday, November 30, 2008

it happens to everyone...

my crown came off while i was chewing gum and standing amid hundreds of beautiful glass balls in the st louis craft alliance. i've never broken a bone. i've never fainted. i have a very high tolerance for pain. however, i do go nuclear--internally. holding my tooth in my hand, i very calmly turned to the nearest friend and gave my most serious "this is not a joke" look. what followed was me processing the situation and answering questions. no pain. no blood. not the end of the world. but, one's dental work in their palm on a snowy sunday can be... disconcerting... for a first timer. some six hours later, i am amazed that i've held my tongue nearly stationary and out of the way the entire time. i know the value of little lessons like "don't mess with it", "put it back where you got it", and "do it right the first time". the silver lining of this is that my six month check up is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8:20 am. i don't know what i did right for that to be the case, but i'm crazy grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you get a tooth fairy visit for that?