Sunday, November 02, 2008

Lost and Found...

It’s funny how a simple statement can resonate. Someone made an observation about me practically in passing, but it has been running around my head over and over again. It was not entirely incorrect and not negative.

Am I still trying to find myself? The question alone is exhausting. I’m tired of looking and tired of trying on new hats. I spent a long time wearing hats for others, perhaps that’s why I’m apparently still trying to find myself?

The funny thing about that observation is that I feel like I know more about myself now than ever before. I feel like I have a better grasp, a better understanding. I lack a sense of purpose and a sense of urgency. Maybe that is the giveaway?

I discovered that I don’t want to be thought of that way anymore. More importantly, I don’t feel like it’s a mission that fits anymore.

I want to pick a path and reignite my passion.
I want to make a plan.
I want to lay down roots.

As long as the universe is going to offer me the opportunity… the very least that I can do is meet the challenge in that observation and tell it who I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lay your roots and cover them well. The soil will always hold adequate nutrients provided that you select a sound garden and maintain proper balance. Water sparingly, feed when necessary. Promptly remove the inevitable weed as soon as you see it sprout. Enjoy all seasons, but never fail to celebrate the bloom. This is good weather for planting.