Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

In the truest American tradition, I’m thinking about what I’m thankful for on this great holiday of bounty.

Let’s assume a few basics first. I’ve still got my job and my health though the year has been bumpy for both. I’m still badly in divorce debt, but hopeful one day Wall Street will get back on the horse and I’ll find a way to start from zero again. I’m thankful for my motley little family, dwindling as it may be.

And I’m truly and phenomenally grateful for my friends.

But, aside from these most obvious positives in my life, what I’m most thankful for are the changes that I’ve bravely made in my life and the smashing results. It’s a beautiful thing to feel in control my life. I’ve learned what it feels like to be a healthy weight, the relief in the ability to say no, and what results when I explore my talents.

One other reason that I’m grateful this year has to do with the international incident that happened this summer.

And to close this note of thanksgiving, I pass the torch… what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rise in the morning and my body is warmer than the air that surrounds it. I breathe deeply filling my lungs with cool air signifying a new day. I close my eyes and see family, friends, and a world that's far from perfect - but trying to improve. There is much for which to be thankful this year.