Sunday, June 15, 2008

on the balcony

one of the very nice things about my tiny little home is my balcony. it isn't much, only about 3 x 8 feet. but, it makes a world of impact. the first thing i do when i get home is throw open the french doors and look over the rooftops into the sky. this door into the sky makes my little studio feel like the biggest home in the world.

and, one of the treats that i'm enjoying tonight, is the music. i'm about three blocks from schlafly's in maplewood. the construction of the world between me and their parking lot is perfect because it pipes the music up to my door.

last month during the bbq i heard some great bands and i got some work done at the same time. for a girl on a budget--i get live music almost every night. how can that be anything but a benefit!?

No comments: