Friday, June 27, 2008

lamps to live with...

one of my interests is interior design. if i could shop all day and night to decorate your house, i would. i'd happily go without food or sleep, well at least without sleep, in order set you up within your budget.

i enjoy rolling in fabric and ahhing and ohhing over paint swatches and furniture. and good grief, don't even take me near the rugs. i'm a little more like a five year old in a candy store than a suave, chic decorator. i run with more bohemian sorts who love me even if i take off my shoes to swish around on the tripple shag carpet.

i like moving, just because i like to nest. i have seasonal boxes that help me keep from spending too much and i have sketches of possible floor plans, which in a studio is limited.

anyway. someone told me that they work in this store. and i looked up this store cuz i was curious. and my pulse quickened and i broke out into a light sweat. ohhhh ahhhh the pretties. and then i saw them... lamps. and i remembered these.

there is a nifty little store in savannah called the paris market. they have FANTASTIC things. i bought my way over-priced, but stunning umbrella there.... but they have these lamps. one day, i will go back to savannah, have a cup of tea at the gryphon tea room and then i will buy these lamps and come home. it will be very satisfying.

click the post title... (gotta work this out.)

No comments: