Wednesday, June 24, 2009

two sides of a day...

as i woke up this morning, i listened to this story about the removal of the blast walls and the reopening of the Baghdad Hotel. I can't exactly explain it, but knowing people were going back to work... reclaiming something special... made me not only happy, but gave me an overwhelming sense of relief. this was good news and it made me hopeful.

then, i read about the bomb in Sadr City and it reminds me of two things: a. for every solution, another problem appears and b. people are extraordinarily complicated.

friends have heard me say a million times: without extremes at both sides, how would we ever find the middle? after both of these events, i'm reminded of temperance, patience and striving to live mindfully with others.

it is difficult to be a human.

No comments: