Monday, June 08, 2009

this and that...

i went shopping this evening and bought one of those sexy long summer dresses... i've been so leery of them and not found a single one i've liked on me. this one has a cut out mid section and the pattern reminds me of a peacock. as soon as i put it on, i knew it was made for me. i love moments like that; they are so far and few between. now... where to wear it!?!

boho chic has finally made it to town with a fury, and that has always been my style. imagine my delight to look around and everywhere see flowy, billowy skirts! of course, i found one that i had to have.

it was a good retail therapy night. if a mere object could make me happy forever, i'd never come off cloud nine...

later, i went into borders to pick up a copy of Letters from the Earth. after i'd made my purchase and approached the door, i saw the most charming man on the other side. he grabbed at the door and pulled it open for me to come through with such purpose and a little bow! he wore a navy suit jacket and a fedora. he was maybe as tall as me and i'd guess in his late 70's, but oh! what a lovely smile and friendly eyes he had. we exchanged several pleasantries before he wished me a "fine evening, young lady." people can be such a wonderful, random experience.

now, i'm going to have a nice salad with dandelion greens and a bit of feta and curl up with my new book.

i really appreciate the evening i've had; i needed a little joy today.

No comments: