Sunday, May 31, 2009

single white neighbour

recently... i've taken to mentally jotting down a tally. this is a tally of things that i've done or do that the woman upstairs now does.

1. i have prayer flags on my little balcony... about a year ago, she added them. not so strange considering she practices native american rituals... i think. plus she's a yoga teacher, and these things sort of bleed together.

2. i've had xmas lights on my balcony for 2 plus years... this spring... bamm-o. guess what dolly daft donned her balcony with. again... not a big deal. go ahead.

3. i got a rug last year for my balcony... a few weeks ago, she did too.

4. i sit on my balcony all the time. used to be the most peaceful place in the universe. that was until dolly daft got herself a cheapy chair, too, and moved out here with me a few months ago. now, i'm privy to all personal phone calls. dolly is loud and shares everything on the phone. oh my.

5. i'm an npr junkie. i listen to it constantly. when i'm not listening, i'm probably watching football or a news show. dolly daft has always been a motown revue girl. i always dug that. until a couple of weeks ago when i realized that i've been hearing npr in stereo when i sit at my kitchen table.

6. about a week after max passed away, i ran into old dolly daft in the hallway. she proudly told me that she now has a cat, too. i felt an unholy urge to dive across the stair rail and tackle her. *sigh* that's just not nice.

well, that's all for now, but given her ability to drive me insane by merely breathing in my vacinity, i'm sure this is all but over. it's like having a horrible room-mate that you can't ditch.

2 comments:

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

It sounds like you are a good role model. Let's see if she takes up belly dancing...

Unknown said...

that'd be a real hoot! maybe i could get the whole building in on it. ;-)