Saturday, February 07, 2009

the jewel train...

i decided to stop at the best buy on my way home last night. as i was pulling in to the parking lot, i was listening to jewel's you were meant for me on the radio. now, jewel was a phenomenon that happened around me, barely touching me. i'd heard she could yodel, and i knew all the guys were dying over her. but, it was the mid 90's and i was busy. i sort of missed the jewel train.

so, there i was in the parking lot with tears rolling down my cheeks like i'm hearing this damn song for the very first time and it just registered. (let's all keep in mind that i cry over a good nfl commercial.) but, nonetheless, i decided that i needed to look into this girl that everyone said i'd love and i never had the time to give a passing glance.

this link is a concert in 06. sure you know this, but i think she sounds much better than she ever did when i remember her. plus, she's grown up and that makes everyone interesting.

No comments: