Monday, February 16, 2009

eight little words...

Every time we choose safety, we reinforce fear. -- Cheri Huber

that's saying a lot in eight little words.

this quote clicks with me, and i suspect that i'm going to be repeating it to myself quite a bit to bolster my courage.

my intentions are growing and my ideas are finally beginning to take form.

no front of my life has survived the first month and a half of 09 without a major overhaul, and i suspect i've not seen the end of it. i've spent weeks trying to figure out how to salvage and piece back together. but, what i've been doing has been trying to claw my way back to safety. i'm beginning to see that safety is an illusion.

there are many things about myself that i'm not going to change. but, i'm very curious about how i'm going to evolve.

more than one person has recently suggested that we meet people for a reason and that reason isn't always what we thought. i've met many people over the last several months that have had very specific and pointed effects on my life and my growth. i appreciate each one of them and hope that i've been an equally positive influence in some way for them. after all, i believe we learn our greatest lessons from each other.

and it is with that thought, and the quote mentioned above, that i move forward. there are many questions around me, but there are also some things that i know i want.

i've felt false security. i've watched the walls crash down around me.

i've had enough of fear.







1 comment:

Will said...

I like that quote. It DOES say a lot.

Of course, what do i know... I think Heath Ledger's Joker has officially become the spokesperson for my world lately...

Time to introduce a little anarchy into the world. Be an agent of chaos. Because chaos, as we all know, is fair....