Tuesday, February 03, 2009

come with me...

i don't know why, but this song melts my heart. it's probably one of five songs i can get on not only one note, but in .3 seconds. i'm not a fan of robert plant by any means which makes my swooning over this tune perplexing. imho, this is one of the greatest love songs of all time. there, you can quote me on that.

and, today is the 50th anniversary of the day the music died. staring out the window this morning, i listened to clips of buddy holly with goosebumps creeping up my arms. i remember being a young girl and my mom telling me the story. heck, i still sing chantilly lace in the shower... mom used to play "the oldies" all the time and i had a major crush on ritchie. it was a cruel tragedy, losing them. so, here's to you buddy, ritchie and j.p., you are missed as much today as the night you got on that plan. thanks for all the music...

No comments: