Friday, August 22, 2008

killing crabs and hip checks

I started the day a little edgy. Killing crabs and second guessing myself. Finally, I threw open the doors swept out the regrets and went boldly forth.

And here’s a ticket for not having a current license plate. I love Maplewood, but they are picking at my carcass five dollars at a time, and they are relentless. Too far from the curb, too close to the curb… the current plate is on the front, but not the back because I can’t get the damn thing off! So much for the good attitude.

Now I’m frustrated and second guessing again.

Just as I got to the highway I saw this adorable older man take a step back and make a chivalrous bow to a pretty jogger crossing the bridge. In an instant, my whole day changed and I'm reminescing about the night before...

Life is full of hip checks, but not every one sends you into the boards.

No comments: