Wednesday, August 06, 2008

journalists on journalism

Many of you know how I feel about local news. For those of you who do not, I can't stand it. The only value I find in the local new is the weather guess and sports. I can check all the weather maps in the universe online (and i do), so beyond football season, the local news can take an extended vacation for all i care.

If you want to pull my chain, make me watch local news during sweeps. Baby in the dumpster news that never reports. I'm never satisfied with the story and spend a lot of time yelling about the people they choose to interview in a crisis and the ridiculous questions that they ask.

My feelings about the network aren't far off. Stunning sets, ideal appearances, drama, drama, drama. My life is dramatic enough, i don't need encouragement from Katie. And let's just thwap CNN in the head and get on with it.

So, imagine my delight and vigorous head nodding as i read the attached article. In fact, I highly recommend taking a gander at the attached article.

I only have one question. What are we going to do now that we know what isn't working for us?

No comments: