Sunday, January 22, 2006

Embrace the big mush inside

2 hours. It takes one hour and forty-five minutes to get to the good stuff.

Call it a chick flick; roll your eyes and wave me away. But, if I could bottle the last fifteen minutes of Sleepless in Seattle, I'd keep it close and spritz the air every time life seemed too routine. If Holly Golightly wouldn't tolerate humdrum, why should anyone?

Oh, I do love Mr. & Mrs. Smith-style action. You can't beat the break from reality that comes when you hang out with Mr. Potter or a bunch of hobbits. And, I always enjoy sorting out life with Ulysses Everett McGill, Pete, and Delmar.

But, this week I have complete control of the TV (insert evil laughter). I'll be wrapped in a blanket with a cup of tea and hangin' with Meg Ryan or Julia Roberts or Audrey Hepburn.

Tonight I spent the evening with Meg and Tom in You've Got Mail. Tomorrow I have an appointment with Julia and Hugh in Notting Hill. Until my husband returns, I'm going to catch up on my chick flick fix.

Who knows? When he gets back, I might be itching for a little Jet Li... Unleashed, maybe?

No comments: