Wednesday, April 15, 2009

chenrezig upon my shelf


chenrizig upon my shelf8, originally uploaded by MisfitHue.


i'd like to apologize. i've been pretty negative and generally struggling.

i think it's time to start remembering that my glass is at minimum half full. i've got a lot of great people in my life, exciting opportunities and the freedom to make anything happen.

while i was taking this picture of the Chenrezig on my shelf tonight, i spent some time thinking on what has been taking my energy. i realize that i've been focusing on the wrong things.

i'm crazy lucky and that's something to be very thankful for. i feel like i've spent too much energy lately worrying myself to exhaustion about losing people i care about and what i'm doing with my life.

it's okay not to succeed at everything. it's okay if not everyone sticks around.

what's important is now.

"With the wish to free all beings
I shall always go for Refuge
To the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha
Until I attain full enlightenment

Enthused by compassion and wisdom
Today in the Buddha's Presence
I generate the Mind of Enlightenment
For the benefit of all sentient beings

As long as space endures
And as long as sentient beings remain
May I, too, remain
To dispel the miseries of the world."

om mani padme hum

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's spring...sometimes the ice of winter takes a slow walk into the warmth. but winter does not apologize.

Nice to meet you.

Regina Anne (Ayn)