Saturday, March 14, 2009

mama needs a new pair of skates...

back in 94... my mom got me a pair of rollerblades. they were MONDO boots... top of the line skates, and they were really fast. ohhhhh, i get goose bumps remembering them... dreamy!

first time on them, i didn't know how to stop and ended up doing 30mph downhill on tucker over hwy 55. bloody insane. my stop was a dive into an open field. of course, i had to cut across 6 lanes to do that. typical of the ridiculous stunts i've been known to pull.

after that trip i put them away for a while. but, i can't stay off skates too long, even if i'm terrified i'll look like an idiot. so i dug them out and got my groove.

i've got a history on wheels... three, four, sometimes five days a week at the rink from fourth grade till sophomore year. i loved to speed skate. i wasn't very good at shooting the duck, but i did discover boys, and i was ruthless with them. i'm sure there are grown women who remember me with a scowl. but that's another story. *chuckle*

anyway... last year i lost my skates in an ex-boyfriend debacle that ended up with them in the trash. i felt like i was missing a limb all last summer, but never replaced them.

today, i marched into sports authority and picked out new inlines. not as good as my first arse-kicking pair, but a nice enough K2 with a decent spin.

tomorrow, we skate!

1 comment:

Will said...

You can roller skate??? I can ice skate... sorta....