Friday, April 02, 2010

it's big to me...


april is big. woohoo!

big? geez. big how? big now? big size? big time?

a big deal to me. this month, i will post what is a big deal for me, to me, about me, around me. if it leaves an impression... i'll post it. :)

this picture is of a tissue paper flower. it's not the biggest of the bunch made that day, nor the prettiest. it was a big deal because i made it. i'm proud of this little flower. as a young girl, i can remember going to six flags and begging my parents for a tissue paper flower. they usually got me one after i'd been on all the rides--last stop of the day! i always wondered how they made them. it felt pretty spiffy to have made my very own.

there is one other reason why this flower is big. it was made during a creative activity at work. i work with some phenomenal people--creative, intelligent, hilarious, generous, open-minded, and accepting... just to name a few of their qualities.  every now and again, we get together to make something. we call these activities well-fillers. we are an in-house advertising department, and well, being creative is what we do every day. sometimes, we need to create for the sake of creating so that we don't get all stale like krispy kreme that has been on the counter all day.

i've worked with some of these folks for as long as seven years. i've never been anywhere that long and some days it's all i can do to make myself go in. then i remember my friends. yes, they are coworkers, but bigger than that, they are my family.

what's big about that tissue paper flower? it's full of friendship, hope and eternal youth.

happy spring, my friends!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi I stumbled across your blog today. I Like it. So now you have a new follower, nice to meet you.