Sunday, October 05, 2008

big week for the female genes...

this year, i've tracked the moments of my life with a library of congress calendar called women who dare.

every sunday, i like to read the schnibbits on women's accomplishments throughout history. they are gentle weekly reminders to me that if i want to make that difference, whether subtle or spectacular, sitting on my laurels will not help me accomplish my dreams.

i thought that this week was worth sharing. many things to contemplate...

this weeks profile was a nice biography of Sally Ride describing her accomplishments as an astronaut, physicist and educator.

and the daily notables with my activities following...

monday... congress passes the equal credit opportunity act, i had belly dance class with an extensive conversation on the origins of the belly dance movement in the US.

tuesday... Angie Dickinson's birthday... figure drawing class.

wednesday... Julie Andrew's birthday... saw Ani DiFranco and thus a girl dream achieved.

thursday... one of my hero's Annie Leibovitz's birthday... Sarah Palin and Joe Biden vp debates (i spent two hours cringing and contemplating the phrase, "you've come a long way, baby").

friday... Emily Post's birthday... i caught up on some sleep.

saturday... Anne Rice's birthday (another of my heroes)... spend the day with one of my best friends and her daughter at mobot, and spent the evening in the company of the most charming and witty man.

sunday... Maya Lin's birthday... my options are open and the page is blank.

upon review, i think it's been a stellar, telling and complex week on the whole.

No comments: