Sunday, July 06, 2008

coming out on the other side...

There is a strange peace in my mind.

I went to the pool this afternoon and it was different. Nothing had changed, but I am different. When I emerged from the water, I felt taller. I felt confident. I caught someone's eye and I smiled. But, it wasn't the same.

I walked to the grocery store tonight and it was different. Nothing had changed, but I am different. I walked through the heat and humidity, but couldn't define the boundary between my skin and the atmosphere. My grocery bags felt like bags of feathers.

My world is a hectic one and it is about to become more complicated. Nothing has changed, but I am different. I made my list for the week without angst, without panic. I will face what comes as it comes.

Something was mended today. Deep in the workings of my mind, my heart, my soul there was pain, like the pain of a broken bone that has not been set. When I wasn't paying attention, the pain was yanked away. And the healing is happening very quickly.

I had no idea that I had been holding on to that pain so tightly. I could have let go a long time ago. Should have. But, did not.

I'm talking to you, like I do all the time. Nothing has changed, but I am different.

I am no longer sad.

No comments: