Sunday, April 20, 2008

the turtle and me...

I met a turtle today. I took lots of photos of my new friend. He got me and I got him—we were both digging the sun.

It's so easy to be complicated and perspective can be absolutely elusive when I am in the midst of activity. I shouldn't be surprised by the innocently deduced assumptions about me.

I have a tendency to stumble upon first meeting. I assault people that I particularly admire and respect with well-intentioned, witty statements of gibberish punctuated with my grinning idiot look. It also seems that in the past few years, I have lost the ability to have a relevant, cohesive thought translate into the spoken word.

I have a high level of enthusiasm and am eager to go along for the adventure. I've not always found myself in the presence people who share that enthusiasm… social skills are a truly use them or loose them skill. But, I'm worth it if you just hang in there and let me find a groove.

I know that I have friends right now who would be absolutely shocked at some of my history. I'm a lot less naive, a lot less lofty, a lot more intelligent, a lot more creative and focused than I apparently seem.

Well, the turtle and I enjoyed a long awaited sunbeam and he didn't mind my social stumbles. I call that a good day.

No comments: