Monday, April 28, 2008

flawed and loving it

Okay. So I'm not perfect. Not just because I make disconnected statements or can't really sing, no matter how great I sound in the shower.

After forty years of knowing I wouldn't be on this earth forever, after 6 years of spiritually working on my acceptance of said fact, after taking my health by the nether regions and getting my shit together, they found something wrong with me. Figures.

So, out of the gate, it's treatable. Not something that cannot be managed. With treatment, I'll probably even loose weight and get rid of somethings that I thought were more about age, than a "syndrome". Funny thing is, if I'd not been so terrified of childbirth and children, I might have found out earlier. Turns out, I was a late bloomer in the other symptoms.

It's okay. I'm going to be fine. I'm just going to start taking medication every morning, just like my cat. But, it was a bit of a jolt. I've never been sick, though I have a propensity for food poisoning. I've always thought I was pretty durable. There comes a day when… yeah, I guess reality checks are necessary.

It's like getting my first "B" or the first ding on my new car. It felt like someone plugged in a neon sign on my back that said "Flawed". It also reminded me that my body isn't really mine, but a loan.

My answer? Embrace the flaw; make it a benefit! New Improved Kym! I'm now in touch with my body and nursing assistants in a way that I never have been! I'm expanding my network of friends!

I've never been perfect. And that makes me Puuurrrrrrrfect!

No comments: