Tuesday, November 09, 2010

what do words say...

i have a word fetish. yup, i'm admitting it. i sometimes write a word on a scrap of paper and slip it into my pocket. it can make a profound impact on my day and the way i perceive things. it works for me. :)

my favourite word is "plethora." i like the way it sounds, its definition, the way it is spelled and the way it makes me feel when i say it. a friend, knowing this, gave me a necklace with word on it, and it's one of my prize possessions.

i also take photos of words. there is a fountain in tower grove park that has a couple of quotes on it... i chose the word in the quotes that most struck me in the moment i was there shooting on a steamy july evening at twilight.

between the extremes, i found peace. it is the middle way.

No comments: